Position Title: Network Administrator
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Type: Full Time
Salary: (DOE) $40,000 – 50,000
Plus: Full benefit package including health, vision, dental and supplemental benefits, 401K and paid holidays and PTO
Working at Governet is energetic and collaborative. The innovative environment fosters excitement every single day.
We are a leading-edge SaaS curriculum development, management, and approval educational technology organization in which your dreams can come true. Governet solutions are unique, innovative, and in-demand. We seek passionate, fun, and hard-working professionals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love.
We are currently seeking resumes for an immediate opening for a full time Network Administrator. This position is a mid-level position requiring experience managing multiple software and hardware systems in support all production and development systems at Governet.
This position will monitor and maintain the company’s network system and will also troubleshoot network systems when necessary and make improvements as required. This includes backup maintenance, web application and database deployments, database administration, help desk system support, network and system troubleshooting, system security and maintenance. In addition, this position is responsible for analysis of computer and network related problems reported by end-users, diagnosing the most effective method to resolve the problem and implementing the solution
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware-, software- and network-related problems encountered by end-users of the Company’s software products and staff.
- Performs primary network system administration on network servers as needed.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots infrastructure, including network equipment and software.
- Uses established tracking system to log requests; monitor progress, track problem resolution, identify patterns of failure, research bug fixes and implement solutions.
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions. Analyzes bugs in system and application software; researches and tests possible solutions; implements solutions.
- Enforces the company’s network security and installation procedures.
Identify, analyze and troubleshoot a wide range of complex technical computer- and network-related problems effectively; listen and communicate information to a wide variety of clients and vendors at all levels of skill; deliver customer support both in-person and over the phone in a professional manner; support the Company’s objectives by training others in the use of their computers and applications; learn and apply new technical knowledge quickly; communicate effectively with a diverse client base both verbally and in writing; work independently and as a member of a team; maintain cooperative work relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows server 2012 R2
- CentOS Linux 6
- CentOS Linux 7
- VMWare vSphere 5
- EMC VNXe3100
- SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft Active Directory
Experience with the following technologies is highly desirable:
- Log management using the ELK stack (or other enterprise logging system)
- SVN and Git
- Crexendo phone system
- ColdFusion 9
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below
· Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in CIS or similar with a minimum of 2 years’ applicable experience
Position requires This position requires monitoring and occasional after-hours response to system alerts and other events that may affect system performance.